The first Shopify store I launched – way back in 2015 – was a simple, silly, fun T shirt shop with edgy, entertaining Jewish slogans – it made NO actual profit when all was said and done – but did get a mention in the comments section of Rachel Maddow’s CNBC blog 🙂
But setting up a T-shirt Shop on Shopify is super simple – alot of fun, and a great way of building bUZZ for your blog, brand, books or businesses. (everyone loves brand swag, and you can sell all sorts of cool and creative collections to promote just about any other “main” business channel you’ve got)
The super quick steps for setting up a dropshipping T-shirt shop on Shopify are simple.
- Sign up for Shopify (free trial here)
- Install a free app for designing, fufilling and shipping the shirts (Printful is what we use, although there are others)
- Get your shirts designed (I used text based slogans I had done on Fiverr – and eventually, started designing my own in Illustrator and Canva)
- Run ads on FB, promote your designs on Instagram, promote anywhere and everywhere you’d publish any other kind of content.
- Tweak, critique, optimize and improve your ads and content marketing campaigns – and optimize and improve your T-shirt designs and slogans.