Want to build an authority site, web directory or content community but don’t want to do a lot of the heavy lifting associated with creating something new?
Video community sites – be they content CURATION, or content creation, or some combination of both, can be the absolute easiest way to grow a niche authority site in a jif….with a minimum of heavy lifting.
Here is a great new video community theme for those of you looking to do video marketing, but to “build something” in the process – with user generated content, growing an asset, and creating community and a brand outside of just “vlogging” yourself for traffic.
One of the things I’ve been experimenting with for a few months (with varying degrees of success, I’ll add) is creating “mindfulness” and marketing based video content in an LMS format (learning management system) – and using sites like Teachable.com and with coach.com, to deliver video lessons to subscribers.
While this is a great and low friction option, having a video based community, where folks can upload videos themselves, interact with other members, like, share, comment, opine, find, favorite and LEARN, all on the same site and platform, has always been a much preferable option for the future – rather than “building something” on someone else’s property. (e.g. – using Teachable – or Teachery – or Udemy – or any of the SAAS LMS options are great – but you don’t own the platform – you are renting space on someone else’s territory and developing it for them – which has always violated a “control what you create” maxim I try to follow when possible)
Anyway, a lot of folks who have subscribed to my bUILD SOMETHING course – have asked about video based communities as an authority site option – and I think for those of you looking to build something in the space – this is framework is a great option. You can add a shop, affiliate offers, user generated content, content curation, video ads, buddy press (social community), LMS offers (using a subscription model) etc – all for under $100.
If you DON’T think video is a good play – check out some of the 2017 stats on video marketing, and where the industry is moving, at the link below.
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
Five Smart Reasons To Start Using Video Marketing
As one of the fastest-growing and most in-demand forms of marketing out there, video marketing stands out as one thing all marketers should be using right now. Here are the top five benefits of video marketing:
- Video content promotes brand recall.
According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month. One of the biggest strengths of video marketing is that it’s highly visual and auditory, which means it’s easier for many users to remember than text-based content. When customers remember your video marketing content, they also remember your brand, which translates to more sales and leads for you. What’s more, customers typically like to share videos they enjoy, which can expand your online reach.
To make your videos as memorable as possible, ensure that you’re keeping them in line with your brand strategy. This means keeping colors, fonts, logos and voice the same in your video marketing as they are in your blogs and articles. While videos do things text content doesn’t, users should still be able to recognize the style and format of your brand’s videos online.
- Video marketing can boost your site’s SEO.
Sixty-five percent of business decision-makers visit a marketer’s website after viewing a branded video. It’s clear that quality and relevant video marketing content can dramatically improve your site’s SEO by driving people to your homepage. Additionally, video can enhance your conversion rates: HubSpot reports that 39% of business decision-makers contact a vendor after viewing a branded video.