- 1 🚀 DONE FOR YOU DIRECTORIES! Save 80% with Coupon Code COLUMBUSDAY....🚀through October 10th.
- 2 A little background before we begin….
- 3 The truth is, it’s the journey that matters most to me – the art of attending – of painting something new on the canvas of my creativity – that’s what inspires me and makes me want to get up and do “work” that makes me happy.
- 4 Before we begin……START here!
- 5 The 6 c’s
- 6 The 4 S’s
- 7 The Strategy of Straight Lines
- 8 Go get this whole project off the ground…….You really ought only need to focus on:
- 9 You need a LIST (a community of subscribers who are paying attention, much like the 9 of you are paying attention to me right now – HI Aunt Myrna!)
- 10 The POWER of Purpose. What does the world want from you?
- 11 You can ask the same questions about your “stuff” as well.
- 11.1 I can’t count how many times I’ve lost my way and have felt trapped or disillusioned in a bad decision or pattern of poisoning my own sense of purpose……only to come back to these questions, and remember what is so enlightening obvious about my own strengths (and weaknesses) that a failure to keep them stapled to my forehead should almost be a crime.
🚀 DONE FOR YOU DIRECTORIES! Save 80% with Coupon Code COLUMBUSDAY....🚀through October 10th.
One of the problems I’d like to overcome this decade is my propensity to think up informercial-esque titles for my blog posts.
It’s sort of strange, because I’m a pretty subdued guy, but my brain works like a bad Don Lapre infomercial ad, complete with the “how much are YOU spending on small classified ads per month” soundtrack in the background whenever I sit down and think about business.
And if you don’t know who Don Lapre is, don’t ask. It will date me. (and depress me) Plus he’s dead. Which unlike most inspiring stories, feels like a bad place to begin.
I like to get the bad news out of the way first.
The good news?
I have a ton of what I think are good answers to some really great subscriber questions that have been asked in one form or another over the last 3 months or so, all pretty much ready for publication.
I’ve decide to include them here as well as part and parcel of an ongoing series……and to serve as an example of one of the simple ways to use content curation to re-purpose your content (or in this case mine) across multiple mediums and marketplaces, to enhance exposure and the appearance of expertise.
LAUNCHiT! 101 Things Worth Knowing about building BUZZ for your books, brand, blog and business……on a bootstrap budget and 100% from ScratchI’m going to cover 101 frequently asked questions about building buzz for your books, brand, blog, business (and bank account) using simple, scalable marketing strategies for literally creating something out of nothing.
(other than a powerful sense of passion and purpose about doing what you love for a living)
A little background before we begin….
About half of these questions have been asked over the course of the last few months via email (both my entrepreneurial list…and my mindful marketing list) and the others i’m going to codify and curate from other (older) Q and A’s – or other ideas i think are really valuable – or things I’ve picked up a long the way that I wish i learned earlier, and think will help you as you go and grow your own suite of services, products or programs in the area you have expertise.
As always, remember….this is just MY experience – my thoughts, my opinions and my perspective on this process.
I could be wrong. (but i doubt it)
Or, your experience may vary.
The truth is, it’s the journey that matters most to me – the art of attending – of painting something new on the canvas of my creativity – that’s what inspires me and makes me want to get up and do “work” that makes me happy.
There often are more practical or pragmatic paths to profit that you may want to explore…..that I probably ignore, and i always try to offer that advice where possible. (even if I take a more circuitous route myself)
Also – feel free to ask me anything – and i’ll include all Q and A’s in this evolving section, and ultimately, in the product that is going to be come from this Q and A.
(an Amazon book, a recorded audio/pdf combo, and quite likely, an inexpensive service as well)
I’ll do as many of these per day as I can – rather than waiting to have the whole thing done and posting it at once, I’m going to allow it to grow and flow over organically and then compile the final Q and A into one master doc, which will also be available for download here in a big fat juicy PDF.
I’m going to keep them short and sweet, with 1-3 questions per post.
(And if God is on my side – which he (or she/it/they) has conspicuously not been for the first 40 + years of my life – I will be adding at least one of these per day, for the next two weeks, until it’s ready to be published in full form.
They will be unedited and hopefully super easy to implement and follow, and i truly believe that if you try and apply these ideas with care and consistency, you will see an exponential improvement in both your ability to implement your ideas – as well as a pretty immediate increase in your income as well.
Also note – if you’ve asked a question and you see it in a slightly different context below……forgive me as I’ve edited a few of the questions as they’ve been submitted or asked for clarity, but i think (and hope) I’ve captured the spirit of what was asked in each in the answers below.
Before we begin……START here!
The big piece of the puzzle in one sweeping series of small statements.
THESE are the Core Principles to the LAUNCHiT! Strategy.
The 6 c’s
- Content (articles, amazon books, blog posts, pdfs, social media updates, surveys, quizzes, images, slideshares, audios, videos and otherwise)
- Character (your public persona)
- Community (your tribe)
- Conversation (what you say to engage, inspire and entertain your community)
- Curriculum (codifying your content into something structured and saleable – a coaching program a book a product or program or ideally….a combiatino of all of the above)
- Conversion (the process by which you move a small percentage of your community into clients and subscribers into sales)
The 4 S’s
- Strategy (what is the goal?)
- Structure (what does it look like on paper)
- Sequence (what goes where and why)
- Story (why it all matters to you….and to us)
The Strategy of Straight Lines
Keep things simple.
Focus on turning strangers into subscribers, your content into a curriculum (books, products, prorgrams and services) your community into clients (and cash) and your ideas into income.
Go get this whole project off the ground…….You really ought only need to focus on:
- Opt in’s (newsletter subscribers)
- Offers (a cacaphony of creative ways to build perpetual profits from your passion, while still focusing on contribution over cash, meaning over marketing and purpose and over pure profits)
Said differently –
You need a LIST (a community of subscribers who are paying attention, much like the 9 of you are paying attention to me right now – HI Aunt Myrna!)
You need to have something to teach, preach, sell or service to a small percentage of your subscribers to make money. (I promise, Aunt Myrna…..last time, you can pay with PAYPAL, too!)
The POWER of Purpose. What does the world want from you?
Ask yourself empowering and clarifying questions that allow you to get ferociously focused on your unique skills and strengths – while doing what you love….and how you are going to change the lives of those who need you most.
This is SO huge….please don’t overlook this exercise. This process is probably the single most important idea I can share, and it’s not even mine. (it’s word for word the life purpose exercise I watched Adam Leipzig teach at a TedX…and it’s probably not his, either!)
- Who am I?
- What do i do?
- Who do i do it for?
- What do they need?
- How do they change when i do it for them?
Note: the art of getting hyper clear and ferociously focused works for products, programs, books and services equally as well.
You can ask the same questions about your “stuff” as well.
- What is this book/blog/brand/business about? What does it do?
- Who is it for? (who is your ideal audience)
- What does it teach/preach/inform/educate/inspire in my audience?
- What do they need?
- How are they better by having bought/read or experienced it?
You can play with these concepts in all sorts of cool and creative ways…..but it’s amazing how many “A-ha” moments you can give yourself (or your clients, if you are a coach) simply by re-identifying who you are – what you do – who you do it for – what they REALLY need – and how they change for the better by having invited you (or your ideas) into their world.
I can’t count how many times I’ve lost my way and have felt trapped or disillusioned in a bad decision or pattern of poisoning my own sense of purpose……only to come back to these questions, and remember what is so enlightening obvious about my own strengths (and weaknesses) that a failure to keep them stapled to my forehead should almost be a crime.
“Oh……now I remember. THIS is who I am. and THIS is what i do. And THIS is who I do it for. And THIS is what they need. And THIS is how they change for the better when I do what I do BEST for them”
When I do anything else – it just ain’t the same.
Everything I really believe about doing meaningful work in my own small corner of the universe grows and flows from the basic concepts above, and they are the “cornerstone” of what I hope to communicate going forward as well.