- 1 🚀 DONE FOR YOU DIRECTORIES! Save 80% with Coupon Code COLUMBUSDAY....🚀through October 10th.
- 2 Here is another short article I wrote earlier this week for EZA on using sites to sell high end services, something we’re going to be focusing on, and demonstrating in the upcoming “build an online agency from scratch” challenge.
- 3 Look outside your own window right now. If you truly want to “get rich online”, that’s your target market.
🚀 DONE FOR YOU DIRECTORIES! Save 80% with Coupon Code COLUMBUSDAY....🚀through October 10th.
Here is another short article I wrote earlier this week for EZA on using sites to sell high end services, something we’re going to be focusing on, and demonstrating in the upcoming “build an online agency from scratch” challenge.
If you look at a domain or website marketplace like FLIPPA.COM, you’ll see a lot of the more experienced online enterpreneurs will be selling themselves, or their services…..with the “ruse” of selling a site.
Essentially, if you look at the ads, the sites themselves that are being sold are very modestly profitable, maybe earning a few hundred dollars a month in adsense or affiliate income, or more commonly…..are earning even less, but have “proven” traffic numbers that emanate from some sort of technique that the person or group controls. (like an inexpensive source of paid traffic from “warez” style sites, or even article re-directs, for example)
The person selling the site will then use the SITE as a lead aquisition tool to say – “hey – this site earns $200 a month – or gets 25K visitors a month – and we’re barely touching it or optimizing it – when you buy the site we’ll GIVE you our secret traffic source – or the secret technique we use to get low cost visitors, or easy affiliate sales, etc. Our normal rate is 18 billion dollars an hour – so when you buy this site that is earning very little – you are getting our TIME, which is an incredible value worth tons more than your paying for the site itself”
Of course I’m paraphrasing this nonsense…….but it’s a great example of packaging and selling SERVICES (the person’s time and expertise behind the site) as the big value proposition that is thrown in as part of the transaction.
It’s actually a GREAT way of selling services, and using front end “assets” as the lead aquisition strategy in a marketplace that wouldn’t allow you to hock your expertise alone for thousands of dollars.
Make sense? It’s a bit sneaky…..but based on how popular some of these offers are in the site selling marketplace – an effective way of saying – the only way you are going to be able to get access to my expertise is to buy one of my sites for XYZ dollars – and then I’ll teach you how I do what I do.
The good news?
This CAN be done very ethically, and very easily in your local community without any of the sneaky stuff or even head scratching on the client side while delivering tons of value at the same time, without the common high pressure sales pitch style silliness that perpetually poisons these style offers when they’re made in the online entrepreneurial or income space.
One way to do that is to give sites away that may take a few hours to create once templatized – but have high perceived value – and most importantly, have REAL WORLD value to your local clients as they do exactly what they’re designed to do – help YOUR clients get more clients themselves.
Of course, it’s much more difficult to ask a local professional for 2 or 3 thousand dollars for a new website – even if it looks good, all upfront. What IS infinitely easier, is to offer something of obvious value on a continutity basis – and where a recurring 2, 3 or even 500 dollar monthly investment on their part is par for the course with what they’re spending elsewhere…….or what your competition may charge for a whole lot less, and yet, allows you to turn something you built into an afternoon into a 3-5K transaction with ease to YOUR bottom line.
Yes, I know that was a long run on sentence, but i’m heavily caffeinated and easily excited.
Plus my keyboard has no periods.
If none of this makes sense…check out the article I submitted to EZA earlier below – or schedule a Campfire chat session and I’ll walk you through the process. (free 15 minute consultations available all next week, starting on Dec 2)
EZA Article reprinted below:
The SECRET to Selling Your Websites for TOP Dollar? (Give Them Away)
Think you’ve got to ask for a lot of money to make a killing flipping, or selling websites? What if I were to tell you that the absolute easiest way to earn amazing money selling your online assets, or flipping web properties was actually to give them away?
The funny thing is, it’s 100% true in most circumstances, and I’m going to show you how to do it, immediately below.
First, understand THIS to be true, because it is:
In most niches, the market for selling high end websites is actually fairly limited. Unless you own very high value .com domain names, or are an experienced seller on one ofthe most popular platforms like FLIPPA, it can actually be somewhat challenging to make a great income selling domains, blogs or websites full time.
The place that is MOST profitable for most entrepreneurs may surprise you.
Look outside your own window right now. If you truly want to “get rich online”, that’s your target market.
Your local community is actually the gateway to more income than you can conceive.
Most people NEVER look locally when it comes to building a business online, and in my view, that’s a HUGE mistake. (and a big reason why 99% of online entrepreneurs never make $100 in profit as well)
The very same things that are challenging or even difficult on a national or international basis can be DEAD simple where you live right now.
Let me give you a really quick illustration that you can test for yourself, right now,step by step.
- Register a local domain name in your current community in a high value niche.
- Build a blog on the domain. Add a little bit of curated content, and install a premium wordpress framework on the site if you have access to one as well. (this gives the site additional incremental value, as premium frameworks can be “quantified” on a cost basis much the same way is done with materials in conventional real estate)
- Add as much value to the site as you can in the first week. Å newsletter opt in form, for example…with a few pre-written follow up messages, may seem like a very simple thing to you, but to a realtor who has no clue about web design or development, that may feel like a high end job he or she would have to spend $100 an hour or more to replicate on their own site.
- Next, make a list of the top 10 people in that niche, where you currently live, who have an inferior web presence than what you just built.
- In some niches, especially blue collar ones that have a high lead value, you may find that 70% of the websites in that niche are terrible, or even don’t exist at all.
- Reach out to that first group of 10 people, but rather than offering to SELL the site you just built, offer to give it away.
- Then, sell your SERVICES as a value added benefit behind the site. For example, selling that site for $4000 might sound crazy, right? After all….it only took you a few days and probably doesn’t have enough content, or high end design elements to be worth 4K to a realtor on face value.
But, if you already know that the realtor is spending 5-800 per month on SEO, and blog building, or Craigslist marketing, or some permutation of all of those elements right now, you can step in and offer them a brand NEW site for free, and bundle in back end services that add up to far more than 4K, over the course of the year.
Ask that realtor or credit guy or contractor to refer 4 of his friends your way for a 10% discount? Now you can potentially turn a simple 3K client into a 10K day, simply by being creative, imaginative and a little bit assertive with your marketing.
The best part?
Other than Mel Gibson.
He can’t seem to get a break these days, but that’s what happens when someone regularly spikes your Cheeerios with tequila.
(I’ve had it happen, and it’s a fun but fuzzy way to spend your holidays)
Especially your clients.
Because if you work as creativity to serve them AFTER the fact as you did to acquire their business in the first place, I promise…they’ll be more than happy to spread the love for you in more ways than you’ll ever know.