Twitter Facebook

An Undiscovered Gem

About 4 or 5 months ago, some one I was doing some work with recommended I check out Scribd as a good place to submit content – articles, mini reports, entire pdf’s, you name it, Scribd was taking it.

Like all sites like this that hold the promise of page rank, the strategy is to simply piggyback off of THEIR power, and have YOUR articles, documents and sales propositions rank higher and faster than they would ( or could) ordinarily on your own.

Anyway – with so much to do and so little time, I spent an afternoon a few months back simply putting a whole bunch of disparate articles into “reports”, put some simple cloaked links at the bottom of each document, ( and within the articles themselves) added a recommended resources section to the end of each report

( across MANY different niches, dating, online business, credit repair, diet, etc -) and uploaded them en masse to Scribd – where shortly thereafter, I completely and confidently forgot about the whole thing..:-)

Fast forward a few months and I’m checking out my link tracking stats and see a lot of them are emanating from my Scribd stuff.  As Scribd has a very liberal policy on links ( if you have them, you can post them..:-) you can really create killer little collections of articles ALL embedded with affiliate links ( most directories will NOT let you do this…and for good reason) and get tons of page views, tons of click throughs, and if you’re smart, TONS of easy commissions you’ll have a hard time getting in other places.

Anyway –  I checked again today, and low and behold, several of my scribd links are amongst the highest performers in a lot of the smaller niches I’m publishing in.

On top of that, my OWN stuff, (business consulting, online marketing articles, etc )which I had someone put together for me and post on Scribd – is outranking just about everything else I’ve posted ANYWHERE else, including EZA, my own site, or any of the other disparate spots I regularly try to hustle my own illuminating intellect…;-)

scribd.png

More Benefits to using Scribd?

Another great benefit for us really lazy types?  Scribd will give you a report as to EXACTLY and for what terms your article(s) or report(s) rank in real time, so you can see where your traffic is coming from, and how well they are performing for your keywords, topics and niches of choice.  And, while they are not neccessarily an unknown per se, it’s still NOT a resource I see lots of people talking about.

Very interesting stuff, and of course it keeps the motivation and momentum going to get a good visual overview of how well each of your submissions is doing ( and something some of the other more popular article and community directories might want to integrate into their own interface as well)

Final Thoughts?

Well worth trying out – it’s FREE, and if you are dillegently looking for more maniac marketing ways to get your message out to the masses, this is surely one easy way to do it without spending a nickel.  ( and of course you can simply re-purpose your existing stuff to do it)

12 Comments on "How to Use Scribd to Make More Money: Easy Affiliate Commissions From Out of the Way Places"

• tsouay says

Hi,
    Great tips,
    i have a question, can i just make a book based on my website content and then use it for scribd sharing?
    thanks any way

• ian says

hi there – it’s been so long since i’ve used scribd in the way described in this post (it’s 5 or 6 years old or more) – that i can’t really comment on how well any of this still works. That said – you can use a tool like beacon (a WP plugin) – to curate the content on your blog or website into a good looking ebook – and definitely share it however you choose – and monetize it in some creative ways as well.

• Jane says

Do I need to upload original articles in Scribd? I mean, can I use the same articles that I use for my own websites? Is it ok to do that?

• Arslan says

WOW , i never knew scribd offerred such awesome features…..they will definitely come in handy, esp in my case thanks for the informative post…

• Momi says

Where is the link for scribd adsense revenue sharing?

• I’ve been doing article marketing for some time and tired of the approval process. Scribd seems to be pretty liberal with aff. links. A huge benefit over article marketing. Thanks for your input.

• Jackie says

I love scibd and plan to keep writing. I just wish I could get more input to what others are looking for in articles? I have been at this for about a year. I have finally opened my own business and look forward to adding content to my scibd articles.

• Bihar says

This is interesting, does scibd take vidoes as well.

• Johan says

Well done. I just uploaded my first pdf because I wanted to embed a pdf doc. I had to find a wp plugin. Then I thought I’ll go searching for any other benefits. I am happy to say I got your great post. Thanks for sharing. Johan

• Brian says

How can I place a link into a document that I already have on Scribd?

• ian says

Hi David –

Thanks..:-)

You should be able to simply create the link in the document locally, and should be live once you get it uploaded. (I’m not using Wordpad – another text editor – but should obviously be the same) I’ve noticed that a lot of the docs that are on Scribd have links that AREN’T working….which I guess is a function of people not checking once they’ve uploaded their stuff! (which I’ve been guilty of too..:-) Good luck!

• David says

Hi, this is great, I found you on the top of Google, looking for ‘how do i use scribd’.
    I’m having a hard time uploading documents with textlinks. How to i get the links into Wordpad, before i upload them into scribd?